Welcome to the ABW Volunteer Opportunities portal! Simply read about the job postings from the drop-down menu, and then upload your resume or information. We will contact you if there is a match, and will keep your information in our database. You may update your information at any time. Thank you for your interest!
Overview of role
The Development Committee Chair is a volunteer position with ABW. This person will be a Member of the Board of Directors, reporting to the Board Chair and the ABW Executive Director. The Development Chair is the “Chief Revenue Officer” of the nonprofit, ensuring short-term and long-term financial stability through execution of nonprofit fundraising strategies.
The Development Chair achieves the financial goals of ABW through activities such as:
- Long-range strategic planning: supplying input to the annual and three-year planning cycle.
- Administration: having regular interface with outside accounting services and the ABW pro bono law firm.
- Committee human resources: recruiting subject matter experts such as volunteer grant-writing experts.
- Board Director membership: adhering to general Board of Director responsibilities, attendance at meetings, etc.
- Annual Fund Appeal: conducting Board-level and public Annual Fund donor campaigns while creating a “giving society” with respective benefits and recognition.
- Endowment expansion: soliciting endowment gifts for the long-term financial stability of ABW.
- Grant submission: in conjunction with a volunteer grant writer and others, achieve funding from Foundations.
- Event revenue: act as the “revenue manager” of the Wooden Cup sponsorship and ticket sales campaign.
- A background in nonprofit fundraising is expected, either as a full-time or volunteer contributor.
- A background in pro/amateur athletics is a plus.
- ABW is located in Atlanta, but this position is open to all locations across the U.S.