Welcome to the ABW Volunteer Opportunities portal! Simply read about the job postings from the drop-down menu, and then upload your resume or information. We will contact you if there is a match, and will keep your information in our database. You may update your information at any time. Thank you for your interest!
Overview of role
A Director of the Board of the nonprofit works with fellow Directors and staff to ensure financial stability and fiduciary oversight while advancing the mission of the organization. This is an unpaid volunteer position.
Each Director fulfills expectations such as:
- Long-range strategic planning: supplying input to the annual and three-year planning cycle.
- Committee participation: contributing to one or more Committees including recruitment of volunteers.
- Board administration support: adhering to ABW Bylaws, attendance at meetings, confidentiality, etc.
- Financial contribution: giving a meaningful annual donation and/or acquiring event sponsorship revenue.
- A background in nonprofit Board service and fundraising is preferred, either as employee or volunteer.
- A background in pro/amateur athletics is a plus.
- The Director may reside anywhere in the U.S., with Atlanta-area preferable.