One athlete per college will be become a candidate when the Nomination Form below has been uploaded by the November 27th deadline. Click here for general information about the Wooden Cup.
Please respond to Part I and II below in as complete a way as possible, providing as many examples and/or evidence that support the nomination. Please do not send more than 10 pages of information. The more specific and detailed your answers are, the better your nomination will be. The judges cannot assume anything. If a nomination says, “volunteers for Big Brothers/Big Sisters” the judges do not know if that means once a year, once a month, once a week, or once a day – everything you want them to know, you must tell them!
Part I: (30% of the score) Nominee as Student, Athlete, and Teammate
- Field of study, GPA, and any important information about the candidate as a student
- Training and competitive behavior, success as an athlete
- Relationships with teammates, coaches and others
Part II: (70% of the score) Nominee as a person on campus, in the community and world
- Leadership positions on campus, in the community and world
- Initiatives taken, differences made
- Names of charities or other good works assisted
- Number of hours or days given to the above good works
Candidate Nomination Packet – single PDF, not to exceed 10 pages
- Up to three page summary (answering parts I & II above)
- 2 or more letters of recommendation
- Any additional information (such as any type of media, etc.)